JULY 1st to August 1st
Website order is open, orders
occasionally during closed time.
73, Charlie, W6HIQ
BREAKTHROUGH in the Hi-Q HF
Antenna tuning SPEED!
Click here for more pictures!
We are pleased to announce that the
step by step improvement in the Hi-Q HF antenna�s
loading coil�s tuning time.
From 160 M to the 10 M band went from the DC motor tuned
time of > 1 minute to STEPPER motor tuning (controlling)
To 20 seconds with appropriate software!
Note that the task is to change
inductance from appx. 350 uH down to < 1 uH.
That is: move the contactor appx. 12�
in vertical distance and maintain accuracy on frequency
repeatability within < 1 kc.
This was alright, BUT still not fast
enough for ALE.
Further development has led to the NEW
RT (Rapid Tuning) Hi-Q HF antenna where great
FRICTION and WEIGHT reduction of the
Hi-Q Patented loading coil design.
By employing Silver plated BRASS balls
and Silver plated loading coil wire the combined
friction and contactor weight
Has resulted in a 400% reduction in
friction and allowing a size 17 stepper motor to do the
The controller used for the RT antenna
was developed for the Hi-Q Military Antennas by QCI, it
From 1.8 MHz to 30 MHz in 700
However the Radio Frequency
Propagation does not require an antenna to be tuned from
1.8-30 MHz normally, it is more standard that one change
frequency in smaller blocks keeping up with the
Being awaire of this we make to
loading coil contactor to be in the MIDDLE of tunable
coil, therefore cutting the tuneing speed to HALF!
Further to this now one can achive
very fast tuning, for example:
Antenna currently tuned to 10 MHz and
need to go to 14 MHz the tuning time is 40 ms.!
Software developed to remotely tune
the frequency range from 1.8-30 MHz allows over 500
Channels (frequencies) in addition
there is 10 channels can be dedicated to discreet
frequencies that are NOT accessible to the radio
only to the radio shop technician.
The RT antenna is now available,
supplied with the NEW stepper motor, QCI controller and
software that runs on Windows 7.
Charles M. Gyenes
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE GALLERY
State-of-the-art, proven design, HF antennas for Short (NVIS) and Long Range communications
Hi-Q-Antennas Designs, Develops, Prototypes and Manufactures HF Mobile and Compact Fixed-Base communication antennas. Give us your requirement and we will deliver an engineering working prototype for your evaluation with a VERY short lead time. For example, a recent project was for the US Navy. The request was received on Jan. 5th, 2006... we put RF to the antenna on the requested frequencies on Jan. 6th at 8pm... delivered the engineering prototype on Jan. 17th... with production models being delivered on Feb. 6th!
Current Customers include Homeland Security, USAF,
Army, Navy Seals, Air National Guards, US Marines and the US Navy with a highly classified project.
Contact Us with your requirements and let us go to work for you!
See our Products page for more details.
- Typically from 2-30 MHz continuously tunable, manually or with 12-24 VDC.
- These antennas are usually mounted on a tower or tall pole for world wide HF communications.
- NVIS antennas:
- Typically from 2-10 MHz continuously tunable manually or with 12-24 VDC.
- These antennas should be mounted on a simple TriPod from 2 feet to 15 feet high for best NVIS performance
- For very low noise LOW power communication for SHORT range, usually 250-300 mile radius.
- HF Vertical antennas:
- For mobile and fixed base operations.
- These antennas require to have a counterpoise below them, like a vehicle or ground radial wires.
- Marine and Submarine antennas:
- Special purpose, electrically short HF antennas.
- HF antennas for Emergency Communications:
- Antennas specially suited for use by FEMA, HLS, Police and Fire.